2008年7月7日月曜日

Pope Urges G8 To Help The Poor

.


Pope urges G8 summit to help the world's poor
Sun Jul 6, 2008
CASTELGANDOLFO, Italy (Reuters) - Pope Benedict on Sunday urged a Group of Eight summit in Japan to take measures to fight poverty and hunger at a time of soaring food and oil prices. The Pope, in his weekly Angelus blessing, asked the leaders of the world's richest nations to put the needy at the top of their agenda and make good on previous pledges to help them.


// Psalm 113

4 The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.

5 Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,

6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!

7 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;

8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.
//


// Matthew 25

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
//




.