2008年7月15日火曜日

ネアンデルタール時代にとらわれている者たちの家庭観、仕事観、職場観、労働観

.
Status Quo - "Is There A Better Way"

Is there a better way? Is there a better way?
Is there a better way ahead or just another day?
There's got to be a way to make a better day
I'm gonna find away to make a better day
You're never gonna be the one to hold me down
There never was a better way with you around

Women at work: Unions alarmed by claim maternity rights may harm job prospects
Tuesday July 15, 2008
Trade unions reacted with alarm yesterday to suggestions that enhanced maternity rights are damaging the long-term employment prospects of women.

Responding to a groundbreaking speech by Nicola Brewer, chief executive of the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), the TUC warned that a public debate on the issue risked reinforcing the attitudes of "Neanderthal" employers.
(www.guardian.co.uk)


Maternity leave: Mothers' views
14 July 2008

The extension of maternity leave may be sabotaging women's careers, Nicola Brewer, the head of the new Equalities and Human Rights Commission has warned.

But what do mothers around the country think? Here are some of the comments BBC News has received.

ROSE, CAMBRIDGE - I took a year off when my son was born. ... However, I was not entitled to my old job back when I returned to the same company, regardless of my loyalty and hard work ... I think the whole process of returning to work should be made easier for women as it nearly gave me a hernia… it was so stressful arranging childcare and working out finances.
(news.bbc.co.uk)


.